APBM Certification Testing
The mission of The Association of Professionals in Business Management (APBM) is to make business management a profession—similar to law, medicine, engineering, and accounting—with CBM and CABM Certifications, Continuing Education, Code of Professional Ethics, and Professional Standards through Best Practices Research.
APBM’s vision is to establish a standardized process to deliver in a cost-effective and time-efficient manner a superior quality higher education in business management across the globe with the CBM and CABM Certifications.
APBM’s goal or objective is to ensure that a business manager who earns the CBM or CABM credential today will be knowledge-competent and ethical for throughout his/her career and that he/she will then extend these core knowledge competencies and ethical values to tomorrow when he/she becomes a business executive (e.g., CEO) or a corporate director. To this end, APBM represents a single and collective voice for the entire business management profession, which symbolizes self-regulation by the profession.
The four-part, 16-hour CBM Exam is a masters-level professional certification based on an MBA curriculum. The CBM Designation can be earned:
- while you are pursuing your MBA
- after completing your MBA degree
- if you choose not to earn your MBA
In other words, the CBM Designation is equally useful to individuals with or without an MBA degree. The CBM provides a common base of knowledge required of all business managers in all functional areas employed in all industries worldwide.
The CBM Exam consists of four parts:
- The Core Exam consisting of 150 multiple-choice questions
- The Functional Exam consisting of 150 multiple-choice questions
- The Integrated Exam consisting of 100 multiple-choice questions
- The Capstone Exam consisting of a written analysis of a Harvard Business School case
The one-part, four-hour CABM Exam is a professional certification based on a pre-MBA curriculum. The CABM Designation provides a solid foundation for individuals seeking an MBA degree or the CBM certification. While validating the mastery of business management principles, the CABM is ideal for:
- Individuals considering an MBA or CBM
- Individuals starting their careers in a business specialty
- Non-business majors who want to pursue careers in business