Academic Institutions: Photo and Floor Plan Requirements
Test centers are required to provide a distraction-free, secure testing environment with continuous candidate surveillance. A separate area is required for candidates to check in that would not disturb exams that are in progress.
Your initial application (Part 1) has been submitted. Your next step is to take photos that document the following areas in your test center. Please ensure that the combined total of your photos does not exceed 20 MB. Required photos are marked with an asterisk (*). When you are ready with the required documentation, click on the button above and submit Part 2 of the application.
- *Floor Plan - the floor plan can be a hand-drawn sketch or digital version of your test center layout.
- *Test Administrator's Position - this photo should show where the administrator will be located during delivery of the exams.
- *Test Administration Area - this photo should show the administrator’s view of the candidates showing all of the delivery workstations. If monitoring will be done via a viewing window, the photo should be taken from the test administrator’s position, showing what can be seen through the window from that position. If monitoring will be via camera, the photo should be of the screen the test administrator sees, showing that all candidates can be continuously monitored simultaneously.
- *Test Delivery Area - ideally one single photo of the room, showing all test PCs. (If the application form says 6 PCs, we should be able to see 6 PCs in the photo.) Each test workstation needs to be approx 1.2m wide. Each workstation must be separated from the neighboring workstation by a space of at least 1.2m, or a partition. If there is not enough space between the workstations, please state that you will use alternate workstations.
- *Building Exterior - provide a photo of the exterior of the building showing the address, signage, and parking area. If your test center isn’t included on exterior signage, provide a photo of the interior building directory including your test center.
- *Reception and Check-in Area - provide a photo of the candidate check-in/reception area (this area needs to be outside/separate from the testing room). This photo should include the administrator’s workstation PC.
- *Neutral background at Reception and Check-in Area - the digital camera and e-pad (ESP kit) must be attached to the administrator’s workstation to enable him/her to take a photo and capture the signature of a candidate when they check-in for some exams. The photo of the candidate must be taken against a neutral background, for example a white painted wall.
- *Lockable Area - provide a photo of the lockable area where candidates will secure personal items away from the testing area (e.g., lockers, lockable cabinet, lockable drawer).
- Special Accommodations Testing Area - provide a photo of the test delivery workstation that can accommodate testing candidates with disabilities.
When you are ready to upload your photos and complete the application process, click on the button to the right. If you have questions, contact the channel representative in your area.