Become a Test Center: Academic Institutions
Pearson VUE provides educational institutions with on-site, on-demand testing for IT certification and select professional licensure examinations worldwide. High schools, 2- and 4-year institutions, community colleges, and technical colleges can offer their students on-site testing. Additionally, not-for-profit training organizations that offer 7+ month education programs can also become academic testing partners. Becoming a Pearson VUE Authorized Test Center is easy—there are minimal set-up costs and we provide the software, updates, and technical support at no charge.
First, make sure you read these two documents to ensure your environment qualifies:
Then fill out Part 1 of the online application for academic institutions. In Part 1, we ask basic questions about your organization and collect contact information for key individuals. Be prepared with email addresses and phone numbers for:
- Agreement contact - the individual authorized to sign agreements on behalf of your company
- Technical contact - the individual who will install and support the Pearson VUE system
- Administrator contact - the individual responsible for monitoring and assisting during testing
After submitting Part 1, you will receive a confirmation email that includes an entry number we use to monitor your application. You will need this number when you submit Part 2 of the application. If you do not get a confirmation email, please check your SPAM filter to see if there is email from Pearson VUE Channel Sales.
You will also need to take photos and document the floor plan of your test center for Part 2 of the application. Read the documentation requirements for specific details. When your documentation is ready to go, submit Part 2 of the application where you will upload the required files.
- Access discounted academic exam vouchers – We offer discounted vouchers for programs such as Cisco, CompTIA, Citrix and Novell. Bundle vouchers with training to create an all-inclusive, cost-effective package.
- Test when you want – Schedule testing hours to meet the needs of your academic program.
- Get paid to register and deliver exams – Monthly minimum required for payment.
Flexible program options
- Mobile Testing – A great option for one-time test events. It allows you to test at conferences and other campus locations.
- Classroom Testing – Take advantage of existing computer workstations and utilize classroom testing to allow students to test where they are most familiar. Workstations can easily be reconfigured to be used as a testing center.
- Public Test Center – Pearson VUE allows your center to offer public testing to the surrounding community as well as your students.
- Private Test Center – Academic institutions may opt to offer testing only to their students and staff.
Current academic programs offered through Pearson VUE
We welcome your inquiries. Please direct them to the channel representative in your area.