Health Information Technology Professional (HIT Pro™)
The HIT Pro competency exam will confirm that your experience and skills are ready to meet the nation’s need for health information technology workers. As the healthcare industry transitions to electronic health records (EHRs), HIT Pros show a commitment to their profession and their career. They are eager to demonstrate competency in this evolving field and are excited to work on the leading edge of health IT.
The future of health IT starts with the HIT Pro competency exam. For a limited time, the exam is free to U.S. citizens who have completed a Workforce Development non-degree training program or to professionals with relevant experience or other training.
Schedule your appointment as soon as possible to ensure seat availability.
Pearson VUE offers a variety of scheduling options—
On Examination Day
- Arrive at the test center 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time
- Present valid identification
Pearson VUE Acceptable Forms of Candidate Identification
Universally Accepted Forms of Candidate Identification for candidates testing inside or outside their country of citizenship (Must be in Roman Characters).
- U.S. Passport Card
- U.S. Military ID (including military ID for spouses and dependents)
Primary ID (photograph and signature, not expired)
- Government-Issued Driver’s License, including temporary licenses with all required elements (refer to “Unacceptable forms of Candidate Identification” for an exception when presented with a Texas driver’s license that carries two expiration dates)
- U.S. Dept of State Driver’s License
- U.S. Learner’s Permit (plastic card only with photo and signature)
- National/State/Country Identification Card
- Passport cards
- Military ID
- Military ID for spouses and dependents
- Alien Registration Card (Green Card, Permanent Resident Visa)
- Government-Issued local language ID (plastic card with photo and signature)
- Employee ID*
- School ID*
- Credit Card* (A credit card can be used as a primary form of ID only if it contains both a photo and a signature and is not expired. Any credit card can be used as a secondary form of ID, as long as it contains a signature and is not expired. This includes major credit cards, such as VISA, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. It also includes department store and gasoline credit cards.)
*These forms of identification cannot be used as primary identification for Regulatory and Certification candidates unless specifically indicated in the exam sponsor quick reference guide.
Secondary ID (signature, not expired)
- U.S. Social Security Card
- Debit/ATM Card
- Credit Cards
- any form of ID on the Primary list
DISCLAIMER: Only materials and websites available on or linked directly from official Competency Examination websites have been vetted by ONC and are official materials.