Exam Code: 100-101TL (Please select this code when you register)
Official ICND1 Exam + Learning Lab
(Includes 100-101 exam and official Cisco learning lab)
The 640-822 Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1) is the exam associated with the CCENT certification and a tangible first step in achieving the CCNA Routing and Switching certification. Candidates can prepare for this exam by taking the Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 (ICND1) v1.0 course. This exam tests a candidate's knowledge and skills required to successfully install, operate, and troubleshoot a small branch office network. The exam includes topics on networking fundamentals; connecting to a WAN; basic security and wireless concepts; routing and switching fundamentals; the TCP/IP and OSI models; IP addressing; WAN technologies; operating and configuring IOS devices; configuring RIPv2, static and default routing; implementing NAT and DHCP; and configuring simple networks.
This new, entry-level set of lab exercises designed for the 100-101 ICND1 exam will help you get started with experiencing a real Cisco IOS Software on UNIX lab environment.
Cisco Learning Labs for ICND1 v2.0 enables you to practice the following:
- Managing Cisco IOS Software version 15 running on Cisco routers and switches
- Configuring and managing IPv6
- More comprehensive troubleshooting
These labs map to the learning objectives for the 100-101 ICND1 exam, which will certify candidates for Cisco CCENT® certification. The 100-101 ICND1 exam also satisfies half of the exam requirements for Cisco CCNA® Routing and Switching certification.
Instructional videos are provided for all lab exercise to provide additional guidance.
View lab topologies.
This 25-piece offering includes the following lab exercises:
- Performing Switch Startup and Initial Configuration
- Operating and Configuring a Cisco IOS Device
- Enhancing the Security of Initial Switch Configuration
- Performing Initial Router Startup
- Performing Initial Router Configuration
- Enhancing the Security of Initial Router Configuration
- Configuring the Router to Support Web-Based Applications, a User with Privilege 15, Telnet, and SSH
- Implementing IPv4 DHCP Services
- Managing Remote-Access Sessions
- Using the CLI to Configure, Verify, and Observe the Operation of
- PAT on Your Workgroup Router
- Connecting to the Main Office
- Enabling Dynamic Routing to the Main Office
- Using Cisco Discovery Protocol
- Managing Cisco Devices
- Confirming the Reconfiguration of the Branch Network
- Implementing IPv6 Addressing and Basic Connectivity
- Implementing Single-Area OSPFv3
- Implementing Inter-VLAN Routing
- Implementing Single-Area OSPFv2.0
- Implementing Access Lists
- Implementing Basic NTP
- Troubleshoot and Resolve Single-Area OSPFv2.0
- Troubleshoot and Resolve VLAN Problems
- Troubleshoot and Resolve Trunking Problems
- Troubleshoot and Resolve ACL Issues
View the Frequently Asked Questions for system requirements and more information.
Please note: While some products purchased from the Cisco Learning Network Store are designed to help you prepare for Cisco exam technology concepts, your use of these study aids does not guarantee that you will pass a Cisco Certification exam. Study aids do not contain actual exam items.