CCE - Anywhere Proctored
If you are a test taker, please see the test taker page.
To get started with Anywhere Proctored, review the following steps. Anywhere Proctored exams have specific technical and system requirements which have to be met in order to deliver an exam.
Proctors must be present for the duration of exam delivery and actively monitor the exam administration.
Verify web accounts
All candidates must have a Pearson VUE username and password for CCE before they can take an exam. Make sure test takers have created their web account before they start the test process.
Verify system requirements
Verify whether the computer being used passes the following minimum system requirements.
|Operating System||Windows 10 (32-bit and 64-bit) – Live Tiles disabled
Windows 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit) – Live Tiles disabled
Windows 7 SP1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Note: Windows Vista, Windows XP, & Mac OSX are strictly prohibited for exam delivery.
|Windows Operating System Languages||Pearson VUE Browser Lock is supported on a variety of Windows OS languages and continues to expand its offering. Installation has been certified for English, German and Japanese Windows OS. More will be coming soon.|
|Display||1024 x 768 in 16-bit color (minimum resolution)|
|Internet Browsers||Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 11; latest versions of Chrome, Firefox and Safari for web registrations or downloading the secure browser|
|Internet Connection||Broadband (DSL, cable, or LAN/WLAN): 1 Mbps down / 1 Mbps up
Dial-up Internet connections are not supported.
|Additional Software||Some security software programs like Antivirus software can disrupt exam delivery and may need to be disabled.|
|Network Connection||Pearson VUE strongly recommends using a wired network rather than a wireless network, as it provides better exam delivery performance.|
|Firewalls||Corporate firewalls (including VPNs) often cause this delivery method to fail.
Please take your exam in a setting without a corporate firewall.
If you are ready to start the test process, please click the button below to download the secure browser. You must check each test taker’s identification prior to starting the exam.
- Click “Begin download” to download the CCE.msi file.
- Run and install this file on every delivery station.
- Close all browser windows and locate a shortcut with an icon named “Pearson VUE Browser Lock” on the desktop.
- Double click the icon. This will run the file that will display a page where you can sign in or create a Pearson VUE account.
- After the candidate is signed in, they can begin the exam.
Technical problems during the exam delivery?
- Check Outage Schedule
- If you are experiencing issues with your username, password or Private Access Code, please contact:
Email: CCE Support
- If a technical issue arises during the time the exam is being delivered, the proctor (not the test taker) should go to Pearson VUE Client Application Support for assistance.