BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT
BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, promotes wider social and economic progress through the advancement of information technology science and practice. It brings together industry, academics, practitioners and government to share knowledge, promote new thinking, inform the design of new curricula, shape public policy and inform the public. With over 75,000 members, including practitioners, businesses, academics and students in the UK and internationally, it has a proven track record in enabling business innovation and change through its training and certification programmes.
BCS offer a wide portfolio of certifications covering areas such as Software Testing, Business Analysis, Project Management, Agile, Data Centre Management, Service Management and more. The certifications are supported via a network of globally accredited training and examination providers. To find out more about BCS Professional Certification visit www.bcs.org/certifications.
Successful candidates of any BCS Professional Certificate are eligible for free BCS Associate Membership for 12 months. Benefits include using post nominals after your name, to demonstrate to your current and prospective employers that you sign up to a code of conduct, access to digital content such as IT and Business journals, networking events and much more. Further information can be found here.
BCS is also the awarding body for Chartered IT Professional (CITP) status, which is the benchmark of IT excellence awarded on the basis of peer assessment and formal testing. To find out more about Chartered IT Professional status visit www.bcs.org/citp.
Important exam information
- BCS recognises that some candidates require alternative arrangements for their examinations. For further information on the reasonable adjustments/accommodations available click here.
- The BCS Chartered IT Professional Breadth of Knowledge test is only available to candidates who are in the process of applying for Chartered IT Professional status.
- The ISTQB/BCS SWT Foundation Certificate is a prerequisite for taking the ISTQB/BCS Intermediate exam. This will be verified by BCS before any certification can be granted and as such candidates who do not qualify but sit the Intermediate exam regardless will not receive a certificate or a refund of exam fees.
- Pearson VUE does not distribute BCS certificates
- Within 48 hours of taking your exam, you will receive an email from BCS asking you to login in to the BCS candidate portal - e-professional. Successful candidates will be able to access and download their e-certificate from within the portal. It is therefore essential that your individual email address is accurately entered when registering with Pearson VUE.
- Hard copies of certificates can be ordered for an additional charge by contacting BCS on +44 (0) 1793 417 655
Exam Fees & Taxes
- Private individuals purchasing single exam sessions are subject to VAT regardless of their location worldwide.
- UK based organisations buying vouchers in bulk from the Pearson Voucher Store will be charged Value Added Tax (VAT) on the exam price at a rate of 20%
- Non UK based organisations buying vouchers in bulk from the Pearson Voucher Store are not subject to VAT and therefore pay the exam price (exc. VAT)