Due to natural disasters in the United States, India, and the Caribbean islands, we are experiencing site closures in some areas. We are working diligently to contact all affected candidates by email and phone. If you have questions about your appointment, please contact customer service. We appreciate your patience.
Be prepared to show two (2) forms of current, unexpired ID (one needs to have both a photo and signature and the other only needs a signature): Driver’s License; Passport; State/Country Identification Card; Alien Registration Card (green card, permanent resident visa); Military ID; School ID. Make sure the name on your identification matches exactly the name used for registration.
If you are a current employee, please be aware the logon process has changed and you will no longer use your ATTUID. You will need a Candidate ID, so please call 800-274-0605 to obtain your ID.
Welcome to AT&T’s testing information site where you can:
Refer to the email you received which tells you which test you need to take. Once you have scheduled your test, you will receive an email confirmation with directions to the test center.
Please review the list of exams below to determine if your upcoming exam contains a listening component. If so, please note the following change to the headphones policy for these exams only. AT&T candidates have been approved to bring in personal headphones/earbuds for exams that contain audio if testing at a non-Pearson VUE location.
- Level 3350 - Call Center Battery - Mobility - English
- Level 3353 - Call Center Battery - Mobility - Spanish
- Level 3355 - CC Audition
- Level 3360 - Mobility Three Test Battery
- Level 3101 - Operator TAB
- Level 2700 - Engineering Clerk Test (ECT)
- Level 4000 - TAB
- Level T120 - Bus-TAB
- Level 2400 - C-TAB
- Level 3100 - Operator Spelling Test
- Level 3520 - DPRS TAB
- Level 4300 - W-TAB
- Level 6700 - Oral Typing Test
- If you are testing at a Pearson VUE testing location, headphones will be provided for your use during the exam. Please do not bring personal headphones to a Pearson VUE center as you will not be permitted to use them.
- If you are testing at any location other than a Pearson VUE-owned location, please bring earbuds/headphones for use during your exam. If the location has headphones available, you will be asked to use the provided equipment. If the location does not have headphones available, staff will allow you to use your earbuds/headphones after a brief inspection.
If you are not sure whether you are testing at a Pearson VUE-owned location or not, please review the complete test center address to determine if your testing site is a Pearson VUE location or a 3rd party location. Pearson VUE locations will always include the site name "Pearson Professional Center" or "Pearson VUE Test Center."
Some important guidelines for any headphones/earbuds you bring to the center:
- No headphones/earbuds that connect with USB are permitted (these would attempt to install software, which is not allowed).
- No Bluetooth enabled headphones/earbuds are permitted.
- All candidate-supplied headphones/earbuds must be wired.
- Headphones/earbuds must fit in a standard PC audio jack.
- A standard PC audio jack will accept 3.5mm / TRS stereo headphones/earbuds. Please note that this covers most basic earbuds. (note: iPhone earbuds may not work in all PC audio jacks). An image has been provided below for you to compare the approved plug type to your equipment.
- If the site does not have headphones/earbuds and you do not bring your own, you will be turned away and need to reschedule your exam. This is only if your exam requires that you listen to audio as part of the test.
Once you are seated for your exam, please make sure that you are able to hear through your headset and adjust the audio or contact your proctor immediately if there is an issue.
We encourage you to reschedule your test as far in advance as possible to free up the reserved seat for other candidates but you may reschedule up to 3 times.
If you have already scheduled a test and can no longer take it, you are encouraged to cancel the scheduled test to free up the reserved seat for other candidates.
We understand things happen so please call 800-274-0605 as quickly as possible to make arrangements.
Please call 800-274-0605.
You must schedule to take your test at the nearest Pearson VUE testing location.