APICS The Association for Operations Management Certification Program
Certified in Production and Inventory Management
CPIM Registration Process
To register for the APICS CPIM exams, please be prepared to have the following information available when you register online or call Pearson VUE:
- APICS customer ID number in the format APICS1234567. Candidates with 6-digit ID must add a leading zero to their ID number.
- Method of payment — Valid exam voucher, credit card, or electronic check.
Please Note: Your credit card will be charged at the time of registration, not the exam date.
- Personal information — Mailing address, telephone number, and email address
- Exam information — Name of exam, preferred testing date, and testing location
Note About Online Scheduling
Online scheduling with Pearson VUE is a two-step process. The first step is to create a Web Account which contains your user profile. You will need your APICS ID for this step. When you have completed the first step, you will receive an e-mail that allows you to continue to the second step. The second step is to schedule (and, if necessary, pay for) your testing appointment. Once you have created a Web Account, you will use this information for all future scheduling.
Note About CPIM Fees
Beginning January 1, 2011, the following fees will go into effect:
- Utilizing the Pearson VUE call center to schedule, reschedule or cancel an exam will result in a $10 (USD) administrative charge.
- Rescheduling an exam online more than 2 business days before the testing date will result in a $15 (USD) rescheduling charge. Exams rescheduled through the call center will also incur the $10 (USD) administrative charge. Exams cannot be rescheduled less than 2 business days before the testing appointment time.
- Canceling an exam online more than 2 business days prior to the scheduled testing date will result in a cancellation fee of $50 (USD). Exams cancelled through the call center will also incur the $10 (USD) administrative charge. Exams cancelled within the 2 days prior to taking the exam will result in the forfeiture of the entire exam fee.
The APICS Certified Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) certification is a globally-recognized standard of professional excellence and quality within the manufacturing and service industries. Since 1973, the CPIM program has educated more than 95,000 manufacturing professionals on essential terminology, concepts, and strategies related to demand management, procurement and supplier planning, material requirements planning, capacity requirements planning, sales and operations planning, master scheduling, performance measurements, supplier relationships, quality control, and continuous improvement. Congratulations on taking the next step to career success with an industry leading credential.
You must pass all exams for the following modules:
- Basics of Supply Chain Management
- Master Planning of Resources
- Detailed Scheduling and Planning
- Execution and Control of Operations
- Strategic Management of Resources
Visit the APICS website to review or download a registration bulletin.
If you already have your APICS customer ID number (referred to as “Registry Number” on our website), schedule your CPIM test today.
You can pay Pearson VUE directly or can purchase an exam voucher from APICS Customer Support.
Candidates are able to reschedule their exam directly on the Pearson VUE website or through Pearson VUE customer support. Candidates are required to give at least 2 business days notice to Pearson VUE. It is not necessary to notify your local Certification Administrator. There will be a US $15 (USD) reschedule fee, effective January 1, 2011, for rescheduling a CPIM CBT exam.
Candidates are required to notify Pearson VUE of exam cancellation at least 2 business days prior to the scheduled exam date. There will be a US $50 (USD) cancellation fee, effective January 1, 2011, for cancelling a CPIM CBT exam. If you paid for your CPIM exam with a voucher, you will be prompted to contact the Pearson VUE Call Center to cancel your exam and submit the cancellation fee. If you must cancel through the Pearson VUE Call Center due to a voucher being used, you will not be charged the $10 Call Center administrative charge.
If you did not provide 2 business days notice, then you would be considered an exam “no show” and your exam fee would be forfeited.
Please contact Pearson VUE Customer Care immediately. The Pearson VUE representative will tell you how to submit written documentation of your emergency so that you will not be penalized as a no-show. Only the following are acceptable reasons for missing your scheduled exam:
- a serious illness (either yourself or an immediate family member)
- a death in the immediate family
- a disabling traffic accident
- a court appearance or jury duty
- unexpected military duty
When entering your APICS ID number, please make sure to use the APICS suffix. For example, when entering your ID number during reservation, it should be APICS+your APICS customer ID number (i.e., APICS12345677). Candidates with 6-digit ID must add a leading zero to their ID number.
Do not complete the registration process if your member status is not correct. Contact APICS Customer Support at 800-444-2742 or 773-867-1777 to update your record with the current membership status. The corrected status will be automatically transmitted to Pearson VUE within 2 hours and you will be able to schedule with the appropriate member discount in place.
No, The expiration date of the voucher is the last day the exam can be taken.
If you receive the following error message when using a voucher with a discount, please try removing the discount to complete your transaction.
“This voucher cannot be used on this order because every qualified item is already discounted. An item’s amount due cannot be less than 0.00.”
If you are trying to pay for your exam with a voucher you must remove the member discount and then proceed with paying by voucher.