Due to natural disasters in the United States, India, and the Caribbean islands, we are experiencing site closures in some areas. We are working diligently to contact all affected candidates by email and phone. If you have questions about your appointment, please contact customer service. We appreciate your patience.
Advanced Dental Admission Test (ADAT)
The Advanced Dental Admission Test (ADAT) is offered under the auspices of the Department of Testing Services, an independent agency of the American Dental Association. The ADAT will provide advanced education program directors with the ability to rank applicants in areas of interest using a nationally standardized and objective test.
|ADA Tutorial *||.MSI (EXE)||55.1 mb|
|Tutorial Installation Requirements and Instructions||364 kb|
* Windows-based PC required; Tutorial is not available for Mac platforms
Scheduling a Testing Appointment
Prior to scheduling a testing appointment, you must:
- Review the ADAT Candidate Guide, specifically the Eligibility Requirements, Rules of Conduct, Examination Regulations, and the Testing Center Procedures.
- Submit an application to the Department of Testing Services (DTS). Your application must be approved by your dental dean or you must submit proof of graduation from an approved education program. Review the Eligibility Requirements in the ADAT Candidate Guide for complete information.
- Receive an eligibility email from the DTS.
- Create a Pearson VUE web account (first-time test takers only).
There is a $25 transaction charge for every testing appointment rescheduled, whether via the call center or the website.
Important Identification Information
The name on your ID must match exactly with the name on your ADAT application file. If you have conflicting IDs, you will be refused admission to the Pearson VUE Test Center and, as a result, will miss your scheduled appointment and forfeit your application fee. Name changes must be submitted in writing via email to email@example.com at least two weeks prior to testing and include your DENTPIN, government issued photo ID and legal name change document(s) when applicable. If you have any questions concerning types of acceptable identification, please call the DTS office at 800.232.1694.