Home > About Us > Press Room > Fortress Signs Extensive Contract with Pearson VUE for Effective Test Delivery
Press release photo
For Immediate Release: 15 June 2010
PR Contacts: Oliver Chesher or Lucy Cunliffe at GyroHSR
+44 161 876 5522
oliver.chesher@gyrohsr.com / lucy.cunliffe@gyrohsr.com

Fortress Signs Extensive Contract with Pearson VUE for Effective Test Delivery

London, U.K., June 15, 2010 — Fortress — an Egypt-based major training and financial service company — has signed an exclusive ten-year contract with Pearson VUE to deliver exams via computer-based testing.

Historically, Fortress assessed candidates via paper-based testing but will convert to Pearson VUE’s fast, highly secure computer-based testing from September this year. The conversion will see approximately 10% of exams undertaken at the Fortress test centre in Cairo, with the remaining 90% to be delivered via Pearson VUE’s extensive global network of test centres.

The agreement will see candidates undertake assessment to achieve Technical Analyst, Financial Analyst and Trading Specialist certifications.

Doaa Elwy.CMT,CPM CEO for Fortress said:

“We are proud to deliver our prestigious tests via Pearson VUE’s global network of test centres. Our partnership will allow candidates greater access to our awards within a highly secure environment. This development will undoubtedly contribute towards strengthening the training and financial sectors in the Middle East and North Africa.”

Suzana Lopes, Pearson VUE, VP EMEA Sales and Marketing, added:

“We are delighted to deliver computer-based tests on behalf of Fortress and are tremendously proud to work with yet another client in this geographical region. This agreement demonstrates our commitment and investment to key sectors in the Middle East and North Africa.”

About Pearson VUE
Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.co.uk) is the global leader in computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government and professional testing programmes around the world. Pearson VUE provides a full suite of services from test development to data management, and delivers exams through the world’s most comprehensive and secure network of test centres in 165 countries. Pearson VUE is a business of Pearson (NYSE: PSO; LSE: PSON), the international media company, whose businesses include the Financial Times Group, Pearson Education and the Penguin Group.

Last updated 2010-06-15